Friday, October 3, 2008

Great kids






We took a little trip to the Zoo yesterday since Treygan was out of school. It was our first time at the Boise Zoo. It's not the most amazing zoo ever, but it is perfect for the kids. You can see everything in just a couple hours and they have plenty of fun things for the kids to do including carousel, prairie dog tunnels, slides, etc. What more do you need at that age? So yesterday was a great day. I love when I enjoy the days with my kids. I'm really starting to realize that they are growing up and I want to soak all of this in. This realization came, in part, because of the topic of conversation with Trey lately. for the past few weeks he has had his mind on marriage...that's right, my five year old is already thinking about getting married! It started innocently enough, like this:
Trey: When I get older, I"m gonna marry Jamie. (his friend in our ward)
Me: Oh, okay.
Then later it turned into this:
Trey: Mom, when I marry Jamie, I will kiss her.
me: Okay
Well, then I got a call from Jamie's mom telling me that Treygan pointed Jamie out to his friends at recess and told them all about marrying her. I then decided to talk to Trey and tell him that it's just fine that he wants to marry Jamie, but how about we not tell everyone about it, it embarasses her.
A couple days later:
Trey: Mom, when I marry Jamie, will we live together?
me: Yes.
Trey: At her house?
me: You'll probably have your own house.
Trey: Oh! Don't worry mom, we'll live close by in the house next to Abby. (a neighbor).
me: Okay, I'll remember you said that!
As cute and sweet as all of this is, I can see that he has a bit of my personality in him...I remember counting the years until I would be able to get married, even in elementary school! I've always had a hard time living in the present and I want my kids to enjoy every bit of their childhood. We're trying to tell him to just worry about Kindergarten right now. All of this made me want to enjoy their childhood too. Last night, Brooklyn and Taylee were already in bed and Justin was out. I sat with Trey and played a game and read a few books and really just enjoyed being with him. The conversation went like this:
me: I want you to just stay five.
Trey: Why? I really want to be six.
me: Why do you want to be six?
Trey: So I can go in first grade and eat lunch at school.
Okay, so it's good to look forward to the future too, I just hope they'll be happy now, as kids.

2 comments:

Robins Fam said...

So cute! Aren't kids wonderful! I'm so happy to read about yours fun times because the last 2 days haven't been wonderful for us. I think I need to remember to enjoy it with them...thanks for your great example!!!!

aftonini said...

Your kids are way too cute. It sure looks like they had a lot of fun at the zoo. I sure wish I could visit so they would know who I am like the rest your moms grandkids.