Sunday, October 26, 2008

Any ideas?


Since my computer is having issues and I can't download my pictures right now, I thought I'd take this time to blog about something that's been on my mind. I MISS MY FAMILY! We've never been so long without getting back to Michigan, but now that we have to pay for four tickets, we haven't been able to take another trip. The last time my family saw Treygan, Brooklyn and Justin was almost a year ago. They saw me and Taylee in March...still been too long. It doesn't help that every other day my kids are saying, "I want to go to Grandma Hardie's," or "I want to go bowling with Grandpa Hardie," and " I want to play with Sofia and Amandine." Try explaining to a five and three year old why the money in their piggy bank is not enough to go see them. So, I've been thinking that there has to be some way we can fly home for a really awesome deal...I just haven't found it yet. Any ideas?


4 comments:

Arin Rohrbach said...

When you find one let me know. The last time we went to Ohio was Thanksgiving and there is no chance we will be going this year. It's just too expensive.

That Girl said...

Oh ..... my sympathies and condolonces. I've got the same problem over here. :o(

Lynita said...

I know exactly how you feel! I have not seen my family for a year and a half. You should continue to check all the airlines, because I heard they were having a hard time booking flights for November because of the economy. All I know is that by the time we get out to California my new baby will be 8 mos. old! Sad, I know!

Anonymous said...

Rach, although this idea wouldn't be the same as being home, there hasn't really been any other ideas. how about you get your parents a web cam for Christmas. At least that way you guys could at least talk and see each other while sitting at the computer. My grandparents were in a different state and I remember missing them ane wanting to go and see them all the time.