Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just Wondering

A few questions for all of you mommies:

1. If your kids are not napping age, do you give them what I call quiet time?

2. What do you do with your kids on Sunday?

3. Do your kids have clean-up jobs?

4. How do you find the energy to play?

p.s. I'm lookin' for ideas here. I seem to be missing the mark in all of these areas, though I've tried lots of things. Here are my issues: on #1- I think I give too much quiet time...it's so tempting to just never let them out! on #2- My kids are not liking Sundays, probably because Sunday gets even longer quiet time. We do play games and have a treat after, but that probably only takes up an hour or so. on #3- My kids love "clean-up jobs," stuff like wiping down the sink, even the toilet, but keeping their room and other messes cleaned up is a daily fight...one I'm not winning, at least not without me yelling and my kids crying. on #4- I'm sooooo tired...all the time.

1 comment:

Robins Fam said...

Quiet time is a must at my house. It seems to be getting shorter, but I treasure every second.
On Sundays, unfortunately we haven't mastered that. It's too much like the other days. I guess the difference for us is that Daddy is home, which gives me a break!
Kids cleaning up is a must at our house (not that you could EVER tell that any sort of clean up has happened at my house) but they seem to love to do the mommy jobs, and hate the kid jobs (like keeping their rooms picked up). But I keep on it. I have gone to consequences. like at night, no stories if their room isn't clean. That seems to be a horrible enough threat for now.
And being tired...I think that's a mommy curse. But I have noticed that the sun shining the last 2 days have really invigorated me. Maybe we need to move to a MUCH sunnier place and then we could have fun, outside energy all year round! Good luck!