Tuesday, December 9, 2008

laugh or cry?

It's about 10:30 PM, I've just come home from rehearsal after a very crazy, hectic day, when I come to the realization that I went to my friend's house with a loaf of coconut lemon bread with a candle in it and sang happy birthday to her....ONE WEEK EARLY! Her birthday was marked on my calendar for the 16th, but I guess calendars are just no good for me seeing as how today is the 9th. The funniest part is that she completely humored me, didn't say a word, except of course thank you. My first instinct is to cry at the fact that I just can't get things right anymore, but then I think, ya' know I'll bet I made her day in more ways than one, so I'm goin' with laugh. What would you do?

7 comments:

NatalieHemingway said...

HAHAHA...laugh!!

mechan said...

i would laugh but the be glad i remembered even if is was a week early

Clear the clutter said...

Hey you remembered a December birthday at all, be proud! I have two friends with December birthdays and it is always hard to remember.

That Girl said...

Call her up, tell her the truth, and laugh your head off together.

One time I remembered my friend's birthday a week late. Went over there in a rush with a present, apologizing profusely ... until she told me her birthday was that very day. Oops.

Robins Fam said...

Wow, that is funny...from my perspective. I think it's wonderful. And you probably did make her day! Hearing about mommy brain moments makes my life seem more like a comedy and not so much a tragedy. Thanks for keeping me going. PS I love your Christmas music! I think I'm going to steal your whole playlist...someday!

Arin Rohrbach said...

Lost mom brains. . . where do they go exactly? I think it's great that you always make the effort to remember special days. Most people don't even bother. And it does mean a lot to people (even a week early :)

Kunz fam said...

Totally laugh!!! Look how "on the ball" she thought you were!!!