Monday, December 15, 2008

Caroling Party

I have always wanted to do a Christmas caroling party because my parent's always did it and it is one of my fondest Christmas memories. This year, I finally followed through and tonight, several friends including their kiddos joined us in caroling around the neighborhood and then to our home for hot chocolate and treats. I loved being with everyone and making memories for my children, so overall it was a great time; if only I could learn to relax a bit. I found myself feeling so stressed at making sure everything was perfect that I could hardly enjoy myself ( I think Justin might tell you I was a bit grouchy at him). Everything turned out just fine and I'm so grateful to have such wonderful friends that help fill in the gap of our missing family...I think I may leave the party planning to them next time! :)

4 comments:

NatalieHemingway said...

You? Stressed? No!! Glad you had a good time. The last time I went to a caroling party, it was pouring rain. They still made us carol... with umbrellas. NOT FUN.

Robins Fam said...

So fun! You are so great, Rach! Can I move there?

Nikole said...

Oh, Rachel..stop stressing! It was perfect and so much fun! And even if it wasn't perfect, who cares? We would love you anyway! As long as there is friends and food, it's a good time in my book. :)

Lynita said...

I know how you feel, I always stress and Ryan ends up getting the brunt of the grouchiness! What a great idea for a holiday party!