Tuesday, November 4, 2008

HELP!


I attended my first PTA meeting tonight and signed on for a pretty big responsibility...the Hunter PTA blog! Yikes! I thought it was something I could easily do at home, have fun with and feel like I'm helping out. One problem: I don't really know what I'm doing. I really need everyone's feedback. I"m trying to figure out if there's a way I can just put highlights on the front page and then be able to click on a key word to link you to a page with more info on that subject: For example: Tuesday Nov. 18th: Red Robin Night, click here to find out more. I'm just trying to link to another spot on the blog, not a website or anything. something like that. Could I also put somewhere on the side something like "Volunteer" and then they can find out info. on volunteering? Basically, I need to get a lot of info on this page without it looking overwhelming at first sight. HELP!
a couple hours later: I've spent a while now trying to figure this out on my own. so far, I've figured out that I wanted to create expandable post summaries. This involved copying codes and inserting in my template between tags or widgets or something, but I couldn't find those exact tags, so I kind of guessed and I thought it worked, because it saved them, but it doesn't work. KENN... I know you can tell me what to do!

6 comments:

Kirstynn Evans said...

To get a link, you would highlight, and copy the url address. Then when you are in the text of your post, highlight your word you want to have as the link, like, CLICK "HERE". Then there is a little icon, that looks like the earth in paranthesies. Click on that, and a little box should open, where you just past in your url link. Let me know if that works for you! GOOD LUCK PTA MOM!

Arin Rohrbach said...

I'll have Ben read your blog and get back to you. He seems to know everything about computers.

Nikole said...

I don't know alot but I do know a little bit. Let me know if you need help! And way to go for volunteering! :)

Robins Fam said...

Way to go Rach! And good luck! Unfortunately I have no words of wisdom to pass on, but I sure am proud of you!

Kunz fam said...

Look at you go! You're doing a lot better than I have ever done with being involved with Trey's school!

Lor! said...

Are you Crazy!! What were you thinking! First of all, you shouldnt have gone anywhere NEAR that meeting! You knew you would get sucked into some trecherous deed. Just kiddin, you're a saint. I have no clue how to help you. I wish I could! Good Luck! When are we doing our retreat? I think it needs to be soon. Love you!