Monday, August 25, 2008

I thought this day would never come!


Trey started Kindergarten today! I was up all night....yes, me, not him! I can't believe it! Brooklyn was so sad. She came into our room and asked, "Is it tomorrow?" with a very sad voice. Yesterday, she knew Trey would start tomorrow. She cried and then so did I. The bus was 20 minutes late...pure torture for such excited kids! He had lots of friends with him, so he did just great.He even consoled a

sad little sister. He came home with a smile on his face and told me all about school. The bus was 25 minutes late....annoying! Seems not so long ago that he was 2 and I was thinking...will this day ever come?! Well, here it is and I am a bit nostalgic at the moment. Before I know it, all 3 will be off. I'll try not to reflect too much, cause it sure makes a difference having one off to school for a few hours! Go class of 2021!!!







8 comments:

NatalieHemingway said...

WHAT A BIG BOY! Sofia is so jealous! She has to wait another year. At least she'll have preschool for a couple hours 2 days a week.

JT42 said...

i hear ya...although i think the school year came really fast after counting down from last year ;)
he looks so happy, you'll have to let me know in an email what school he goes to...

Kirstynn Evans said...

I almost want to cry for you and Brooklyn! So sweet, yet so sad. I am sure in days you will be over it! I can't believe how bigger he looks. Like a true student!!!

Clear the clutter said...

Such a big boy, he looks darling. Cassie has had a hard adjustment to Natasha been gone all day now that she is in 1st grade, so I feel your paing with Brooklynn. Hang in there, it does get better.

Lynita said...

What fun eh! I can't believe the bus was so late, that is lame! Kaitlyn starts next Wednesday and we are all elated for her first day! I am not sure that I will feel all nostalgic, because at 31 1/2 weeks prego all I can think of is one less to worry about for a few hours. Plus she and Ethan have been picking fights non-stop for about 3 weeks. So it will be much quieter around here, which I can totally handle!

That Girl said...

Hey Rachel! I found your blog off of Natalie's ... can't believe your oldest is in kindergarten! Nathan starts next year ... I will most likely stay up all night too! I had a hard enough time sending him to preschool three days a week! I'm gonna add you to my blog so I can spy on you more often. ;o) Your family is adorable!

The Butler Family said...

hmm... I'll be spying on you, too. I can't believe your little guy is in kindergarden already. Time really flies. Todd's oldest started kindergarden this year, too. These years are so precious.

Stephanie Ewell said...

Holy Cow- Trey looks like he grew up a ton- he is so so handsome:) He is probabl having so much fun in school! Love you!