Thursday, August 21, 2008

presents and camping
























For Taylee's birthday, Grandma and Grandpa Hardie gave her a baby doll (per request from her brother and sister). When the baby came, Taylee did love it, but her sister loved it more!! She was always stealing it from her and then telling me, "Taylee said I could borrow it." Nice try, Brooklyn. I might believe you if Taylee could talk! So I mentioned this to my mom and a week later there was a new package in the mail with a baby for Brooklyn and hot wheels for Trey...aren't Grandparents awesome!?






Last weekend we went camping with my in-laws: Jacob, Lori and their kids Mason and McKayla. We met in between Rexburg and Boise in American Falls. It was our last chance to get a trip in before school starts. We had so much fun! On Friday we went canoeing....well, sort of. the river has a dangerous current, so we had to go through a half hour of training with the park ranger before he let us go out. Then, we basically just gave our kids a little ride and called it good. The next day we visited Register Rock on the Oregon Trail, a rock which several pioneers carved their names into and the dates they were there, it was pretty cool. We spent the rest of the day playing on the jet ski and picnicing. Of course we did the whole campfire thing too. Ah, summer.












3 comments:

NatalieHemingway said...

SUCH FUN! We're going to the ward campout tonight. If it goes well, we're planning to go in 2 weeks with our friends Angie and Joe and their 2 boys! Yikes! Haven't done this with 3 kids yet.

Clear the clutter said...

Looks like fun! Your parents are such good grandparents!!!

Lynita said...

Grandparents rock! I am excited to go camping next weekend too! I know, crazy that I will be 32 weeks and camping, but the aero bed will be going with us too! So I should survive, as long as I don't drink too much water before bed time! LOL! Looks like so much fun with the jet skis and canoe!