Saturday, September 17, 2011

playing catch up

Well, my sister convinced me that I should keep doing my blog and print it later (so what if I don't have many readers, it's a great way to journal). So instead of doing a new blog devoted to my testimony, I'm going to combine them since, after all, my family is a huge part of my testimony. Bear with me as I play catch up over the next little bit.

Mother's Day 2011- Tangible evidence that I'm appreciated:








I'm a stay at home mom. This is the hardest job I've ever had, but also the most important, "No other success can compensate for failure in the home."-David O. Mckay. It's true that my days are filled with seemingly mundane tasks that I will inevitably do all over again the next day, and the next...and the next. It's easy to get wrapped up in the whining, fighting and messes and wonder if you are even making a difference. There are no raises, no promotions, no bonuses or pats on the back from the boss. Or are there?

Each night as my children hug me tight around the neck and kiss my cheek, my spirits are raised. Every year, they grow older and enter a new stage in life, promoting me to a new level of motherhood with new things to learn and master. When my four year old passes by me in the kitchen and says, "Mom, I like you," it's a bonus perk from all of my hard work. Then, every time I fall to my knees to repent for my shortcomings and ask how I can be better, I can feel the warmth of the Spirit and the love from my Father in Heaven, just like a pat on the back from my boss...only better.


















2 comments:

NatalieHemingway said...

I PROMISE I'll still read your blog. I'll even leave comments ;)

Ari said...

i love this post. thanks for the perspective. see you at dance!