Tuesday, September 20, 2011

June- Baptism and Blessing

On June 4th, my oldest boy was baptized. We prepared for months. Well, we'd been preparing for eight years really. Have I taught him well so far? He is now accountable for his actions...yikes. It's an important responsibility and I know he feels that, but he couldn't have been more excited for that day. At the moment he was baptized I felt so grateful for my husband who holds the priesthood and was able to perform this ordinance for our son. My favorite part though was when Justin, Grandpa Hardie, Grandpa Price and Uncle Dale laid their hands on Treygan's head to set him apart as a new member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and give him the gift of the Holy Ghost. I peeked at my little boy and the Spirit rushed over me as he looked so reverent with his head bowed, arms folded, soaking it all in. I wonder what he really felt and if he'll remember it later. I hope so because the feeling surely cannot be denied.

If that wasn't enough, the very next day Luke was blessed in church. It was so precious to watch his daddy, grandpas and friends who hold the priesthood stand in a circle with this tiny baby to give him a name, Luke Thomas Price and a blessing to remember who he is as he goes throughout life.

Here are some pictures of friends and family who joined us for this great weekend:

Trey with his buddies
The Sweeney family
The Shaw Family
Lissa, Ashley, Melinda and Jamie
Gia and Marla
Bishop Barfuss and Brother Young
The Pugmires and Heidi Cook
All four Grandparents and Uncle Dale and Moroni
My Eternal Family
The men on Luke's blessing day
My three boys
Luke and Treygan- brothers and hopefully someday best friends

Luke in his blessing outfit, the same one Trey wore made by Grandma Hardie
My sweet baby, 3 months old

1 comment:

Brent Orton said...

Cute beautiful family. We love you guys!