Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

We had a wonderful Christmas this year! We had a Christmas Eve party with 4 other families on our block, none of which have family near. It was a night filled with lots of food, games and really great people. The kids acted out the Nativity which was adorable as always. We felt very blessed to be surrounded by such good friends. Christmas day was wonderfully relaxing...words that are not often in my vocabulary. I couldn't sleep the night before in anticipation of how excited I knew the kids would be. The joy on their faces is absolutely priceless and is one of the greatest rewards of parenthood! Trey and Brooklyn had stools set up with cookies, carrots and pictures for Santa and his reindeer. They were thrilled to awake to empty stools and very full stockings! Taylee could feel the excitement and she buzzed around digging at the presents and all the pretty paper. Normally, the first things my kids want to do in the morning is eat, but no one, not even Taylee asked to eat until all the presents were opened. The rest of the day was spent playing with toys and hanging out until later in the day when some friends and Aunt Emily came over to dig into all the leftovers. What a great ending to 2008, a Christmas I will never forget!


























































3 comments:

JT42 said...

looks like you had a fantastic holiday! Happy New Year...hopefully this one will bring us together at least once in my visits to boise ;)

Lynita said...

What a great Christmas! It sound like you really enjoyed it, even though family is far away. Believe me I know it is not the same, but that doesn't mean it has to be a bad thing! Happy New Year!

Shoe Lover said...

Rach...you're family is gorgeous! I can't believe how time flies. It seems like you and Justin just got married! I have been trying to find you for years...I miss you so much! Love the blog and can't wait to hear more from you!