Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A little more summer fun 2011

A little more of our summer fun included our TEN YEAR anniversary! Wow, ten years?! Really?! Justin and I met at Ricks (yes it was Ricks then) in February of 2001 at a dance (where else would I be). He danced with Stephanie first, he says he really wanted to dance with me, but whatever. We found out he served his mission in Detroit and the next thing I knew, we danced together the rest of the night, Stephanie told me later she thought we'd hit it off...you were right Stephers! That night, we parted ways with no plans to see each other again, but since I wasn't about to let such an amazing guy go, I looked him up in the Ricks student directory a couple days later and I called him. One devotional service and one official date later, we were a couple. We were engaged by May thanks to my aggressive persuasion. No, I wasn't subtle, I told him I knew I wanted to marry him and he needed to figure out if the feelings were reciprocated. Justin proposed a few weeks later at the falls in Idaho Falls, after a dinner and bowling date, can you imagine how nervous he probably felt those few hours? Not to mention that when he called my dad that morning to ask permission, my dad said NO! That's another story, though. Dad changed his mind (thanks mom) and we were married in the Detroit Temple August 24, 2001. I feel blessed to be married to Justin, we have a great marriage and I know we'll do just fine for all of eternity!

Just past the sappy pictures are just some more fun summer pics:


Outside of Asiago's in Boise


Decor in our room at the Anniversary Inn



Our cute carriage bed



Trip to Utah and more of Tay's birthday:


me and Steph and all of our kids




mamas and babies






Taylee, Grayson, Eden, Brooklyn, Treygan





The babes, Everett and Luke







My kiddos in front of the Christus statue






At the top of the conference center







Conference center grounds





Visiting with Grandma Beck







5 month old Luke lounging poolside at the hotel






Their favorite part of the trip, of course





Just a random one of the boys, Treygan thinks this is hilarious





Taylee painting her own nails with the nail polish from Grandma Hardie





Cute Taylee toes




Isn't it great being four!
































No comments: