Friday, January 15, 2010

It "magically" appeared

Brooklyn woke up with a wad of gum on her shirt sticking to her tummy. Here is the conversation as follows:

B (crying)- I have gum stuck to my tummy
me- What? Did you go to bed with gum in your mouth?
B- No!
me- How did it get there?
B- I don't know!
me- It just magically appeared?
B- Yeah.
me- You know it's not good to lie. You're not in trouble, I'm just wondering how it got there.
B- I'm not lying!
me- Then how did it get there? Someone came in and put it there?
B- Yes.

Later that evening........

B- Daddy, I had gum stuck to my tummy
me- Yeah dad, and she didn't go to bed with gum, it just appeared like magic.
B- (nodding in agreement) Yeah, it was magic.

I guess we'll just never know how that gum got there.....though I have my suspicions.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Ha! Maybe it was Trygan, sleep walking....:)

dawn said...

Lucky it was stuck to her tummy and not in her hair!

JT42 said...

that's too funny...but so how they are at that age, huh?
good thing it magically appeared on her tummy and not in her hair, that would be disasterous!