Monday, October 26, 2009

I wore heels today

I see them all the time; cute moms with perfect hair and makeup wearing heels around Target. Their kids' clothes coordinate and not a hair is out of place.

I only "do" my hair a couple times a week. Most of the time it's pulled back in my famous bun/knot. I try to wear makeup, but my eyelashes are so short that the mascara quickly ends up under my eyes and the powder fades just as fast. As far as footwear, tennies are my number one. I'm a mommy, you know and I do mommy things like chase a toddler, go grocery shopping and run up and down the stairs a gazillion times a day looking for (insert lost thing here).

Last week I bought "going out" shoes (only because they were half off with purchase of my new tennies); chocolate brown ankle boots with a heel. Today, I spotted them in my closet. If you were at Target , I was the one with my hair in the bun/knot, zero makeup and an adorable little girl who dresses herself and likes to do her own hair....I also had on chocolate brown ankle boots.
Instant makeover. For an hour I caught a glimpse of what it might be like to be one of those cute, classy moms.

Man, my feet hurt.

5 comments:

Robins Fam said...

Rach - you are one of the lucky ones. You don't need heels or make up or to 'do' your hair to look like a cute, classy mom! But, I'm sure you looked FAB in your chocolate brown ankle boots with a heel!

dawn said...

I am soooo impressed! I LOVE wearing cute shoes. I need a job when I can wear cute shoes :( (sigh)

Q'Ville said...

Personally, I think we should always dress from the feet up. Wear them more often... maybe you'll even find a bag to match on sale!!

Julia said...

that post just made me laugh! i feel like i haven't looked cute in ages, but cute shoes do help. my 3 year old is so stubborn i'm lucky if he has his clothes on the right way. he prefers things backwards these days and i just go with it. it's so much easier!

Anonymous said...

Rachel, you're so funny! You look adorable no matter what:) I miss you, friend!