Friday, April 10, 2009

The adventures of motherhood

Disclaimer: I love this kiddo enormously and do realize the following events presented a great learning opportunity for both of us.

WARNING: DO NOT LET THE SWEET,INNOCENT LOOK OF CHILDHOOD FOOL YOU!

He may look cute and he may only be five, but he is taking mom on a ride to places she'd rather not go. The past week went something like this:

1. Got a call from a mom at school that my boy was hitting her boy on the bus for no apparent reason and wouldn't stop...she's not being overprotective either, I got it out of Trey that he really hit him just because, and it wasn't the first time.

2. Gathered scriptures, primary songs and talks from the Friend about loving your neighbor. (He was in tears at the end, so I think it worked).

3. Caught him after stealing and eating a candy from the store, only because his sister (who stole one too) ratted him out.

4. Made him apologize to the cashier and pay for it and then give me 60 cents from his bank to repay me.

5. Got a knock on the door from the neighbor girls that Trey was "flipping everyone off."

6. Dad took care of this one and I still have no idea where he learned it. This one wasn't so bad because I know he really had no idea what he was doing.


Whew! Only a couple more years to the age of accountability...yikes, I'd better get working!

5 comments:

Julia said...

don't you love it?? probably learned it all from school. it's so sad. i feel for you. I'm going down the road with you!!

Q'Ville said...

WOW!! Honey, I don't even know what to say to all that!! Hope next week is better.

Clear the clutter said...

Aren't they "fun"! Eat some chocolate and hang in there!

Nikole said...

Uh oh! Judging by the look on your face during Primary yesterday when you dragged him out in the hall, I assume he was in trouble again. This too shall pass. :) Maybe I should be glad that Addyson is still little (although she throws her fair share of tantrums already)!

Lor! said...

I think he saw that you were getting bored with life and decided to "spice" things up a bit! You gotta love that kid! I do! I miss you! I know I was just up there, but I think it made me miss you more! Did you see I got on skype? B is in China and I wanted to talk to him. I don't have a camera yet though. love you babe. Hang in there with Tregan, it's SO a stage.