Sunday, June 20, 2010

The two best dads



When you get married, you really can only guess what kind of father your husband will be, but I can tell you that I had no worries, I just knew Justin would be the best and what do ya' know, he hasn't let me down and I'm sure he never will! The kids love when daddy walks through the door and recently they have loved going to his new office to have lunch with him. Justin is great at teaching, cuddling, playing, you name it! I love him so much and couldn't be happier with him as a father and husband. Next, I want to tell you the reason I didn't settle for any less than the best in choosing my eternal companion......


My dad. I have always felt a special bond with my dad ever since I was young and as I've grown older I've realized it's because we are alike in many ways. As a teenager my mom would always tell me this, but I would just roll my eyes. Now I embrace the qualities that my dad has instilled in me, particularly the love we both share for dance. When I danced in competitions growing up, my dad would always meet me right after our team left the floor to hug and high five me telling me what a wonderful job I did. It may seem a small thing, but I have never forgotten the feeling that gave me of being loved by my daddy and knowing he had every confidence in me. A couple years ago we had the opportunity to dance together at a family gathering and it is one of my favorite memories and will probably continue to be for the rest of my life. Simply put, my dad is the best! Love you dad! Happy Father's Day

No comments: